Technology, Knowledge, Worldviews
- Early Modern Authority
- Feedback Patterns in 19th-Century Ideologies
- The Railroad & Photography
- Competition in the Development of R&D
- Op-Ed: The Internet and Information
- Op-Ed: Photography, Editing, and the Destabilization of Truth
- Op-Ed: The Effects of Technological Immersion
- Op-Ed: Artificial Intelligence Is a New Kind of Technological Beast
- Technology, Empire, War
Technology, Popular Culture, Gender
- Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe
- The Trial of Marion Gage
- Women and Magazines in the Nineteenth Century
- Cold War Propaganda and Television
- Reproductive Repression
- Op-Ed: The Theatre Experience in the Age of Streaming
- Op-Ed: Compulsory Sterilization in Women's Prisons
- Op-Ed: The Future of Meat
- Creating Lives
- The Toolbox of Invention
- A&SC Highlights
For Further Reading
Bernhard, Nancy E. U.S. television news and Cold War propaganda, 1947-1960. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003.
"The Cold War." The History of Media Use for Propaganda Purposes (web log). Accessed November 26, 2017. https://manspropaganda.wordpress.com/the-cold-war/.
“Communism”. 1952. Accessed November 26, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4yjAb6eoCw&t=13s.
“Daisy." Advertisement. DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc. September 7, 1964.
Frum, David. How We Got Here: The '70s. Basic Books, 2000.
Hart, Hugh. "Hart, Hugh. "Feb. 1, 1951: TV Shows Atomic Blast, Live." Wired, January 02, 2010." Wired, January 02, 2010. Accessed November 27, 2017. https://www.wired.com/2010/02/0201ktla-atomic-test/.
Mann, Robert. Daisy petals and mushroom clouds: LBJ, Barry Goldwater, and the ad that changed American politics. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2011.
Nadel, Alan. The Business History Review 74, no. 3 (2000): 526-28. http://www.jstor.org/stable/3116454.
Peterson, Sam. "A Brief History of Television – Plus a few predictions of its future." Sorenson Media Blog (web log), June 20, 2017. Accessed November 23, 2017. https://www.sorensonmedia.com/blog/history-of-television/.